In the event of industrial action in February, March, April, May and July 2023, each subject will be providing a series of online lessons.
Remote Learning Resources 2023:
Industrial Action - 27 April & 2 May 2023
NEU Strike Action Letter from Headteacher
Years 12 and 13 students will be expected to attend school from 09:35 and follow their usual timetable. If any of their lessons are cancelled on the day we expect students to study independently in the Sixth Form Centre. They will finish school at their usual time.
Year 11 students will be expected to attend school from 09:35 and will follow their normal timetable throughout the day. They will finish school at their usual time.
School will be closed for students in Years 7, 8, 9 & 10. Remote learning will be provided.
All students in Years 11, 12 and 13, and invited students, are expected to be in school on both days. Any nonattendance will be recorded as unauthorised.
This page is for information and is updated from time to time if new information becomes available.
In the event of a full or partial closure, AGS is committed to providing continuity of education to its students and will do so through a process of remote (online) learning.
All of the remote learning provision, including homework, is provided via the Microsoft Teams platform.
We use MS Teams to share resources and, where necessary, direct students to other relevant platforms. AGS would like to thank parents and carers for the tremendous support and understanding you have shown us, and the way in which you have embraced this new way of working.
Below are guides explaining how students can access Microsoft Teams and their remote learning assignments. Microsoft Teams enables us to streamline all aspects of school provision through one, central, online platform ensuring that expectations are clear for staff, parents and students.
Please click here for the Microsoft Team Student Guide to see a lesson on how to use Microsoft Teams: Student Guide
Please click here for a Live Lessons Guide: Live Lessons Guide
Students Self Isolating
Students who are required to self-isolate will access the school curriculum via Microsoft Teams. Self –isolating students will have full access to their teachers via Teams. Teaching staff will upload assignments to ensure these students have:
- meaningful and ambitious work each day in a number of different subjects
- access to a well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practised in each subject
- frequent and clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher in the school or through high quality curriculum resources.
- a programme that is of equivalent length to the core teaching pupils would receive in school, ideally including daily contact with teachers via Teams.
In the event of a class/year group bubble being asked to self isolate, AGS will:
• Ensure teaching staff deliver live lessons from school for students to access remotely via Microsoft Teams
• All remote lessons (isolating students working remotely) will be delivered live by the teacher from the classroom as per timetable.
• Live instruction will last at least 25 minutes with the rest of the lesson provided for students to complete assignment/assessment work and upload to Teams.
In the event of a full Tier 3-4 closure, AGS will:
• Teachers will deliver the curriculum and lessons remotely via Microsoft Teams , either live or pre-recorded.
• Assignment work will be set as per timetable and follow the same curriculum content as would be delivered in school. Assignment/Assessments will be accessible to students without the need for additional adult input. We will provide frequent, clear explanations of new content through high quality curriculum resources, and/or premade videos e.g. Mathswatch, Seneca, Bitesize and Oak Academy resources where they align with the AGS Curriculum.