Design & Technology
Level 1/2 Hospitality and Catering Specification A
Level 1 covered in Year 10
Level 2 covered in Year 11
The WJEC Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering has been designed to support learners in schools and colleges who want to learn about this vocational sector and the potential it can offer them for their careers or further study. It is most suitable as a foundation for further study, providing learners with a core depth of knowledge and a range of specialist and general skills that will support their progression to further learning and employment.
Learners completing the Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering may be interested in progressing to our Level 3 qualifications in Food Science and Nutrition.
Modules covered in Year 10:
- How food can cause illness
- Importance of nutrition
- Understanding menu planning
- Understanding the environment Hospitality and Catering providers operate
- Preparing to propose a Hospitality and Catering provision to meet specific needs
- Cooking a range of dishes covering a wide variety of skills
Students concentrate on level 2 controlled assessment in Year 11. Proposing a Hospitality and Catering provision to meet specific needs.
Specification - http://resources.wjec.co.uk/pages/resources
In Year 10, GCSE 3D Design (Art and Design) students will further develop their CAD/CAM, worldwide design knowledge, social, moral, spiritual and cultural knowledge, drawing manufacturing and problem-solving skills, creating a portfolio of work which will form 60% of their final grade. The remaining 40% of their grade comes from their Externally Set Exam, which is a further practical project and practical exam.
In Year10, GCSE Art and Design Textiles students work to 3 briefs creating a portfolio of work which will form 60% of their final grade. The remaining 40% of their grade comes from their Externally Set Exam, which is a further practical project and practical exam.