Student Leadership Programme
The Student Leadership Programme at Allerton Grange is dedicated to upholding our core values:
- Developing active citizens within the school community and beyond.
- Working together to achieve our full potential.
- Celebrating our diverse school community, fostering tolerance and respect for all.
- Inspiring confident, creative and independent learners.
The Student Leadership Programme is based on the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader, and that these leadership opportunities will enable our students to aspire, grow and succeed whilst preparing them for life beyond school.
We currently have a number of Student Leadership roles available, many of which focus on improving the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom, enabling students to strive for their very best standards, and allowing our school to be a place where everyone enjoys learning and is creative – trying new things, being resilient, finding solutions and embracing their responsibilities.
Aims of our Student Leadership programme
- To represent the student body and incorporate students’ views into decision making in the life of the school.
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging and valued projects.
- To prepare students for Further and Higher Education or training, and for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education.
Allerton Grange School will:
- Provide a Student Leadership badge so they can be easily identified around school site by all members of the school community.
- Provide a wide range of participation and leadership opportunities which cater for all students in the school.
- Maximise the number and range of students undertaking leadership roles.
- Provide recognition of all Student Leadership roles.
- Encourage the development of student participation and leadership skills through classroom practice.
- Provide students with access to key staff for support and guidance.
- Celebrate the achievements of all students in written and verbal forms.
Student Leadership roles currently available:
- Community Ambassadors
A small group of students from each year group are chosen to be Allerton Grange’s Community Ambassadors. These students represent Allerton Grange at events within school and also in the local community. This can involve leadership roles such as tour guides, giving presentations to parents, leading primary workshops and representing Allerton Grange at summer fairs.
- Drama Ambassadors
These students have excelled in Drama and have shown themselves as positive role models both in Drama lessons and in all extra-curricular Drama activities. They should uphold the school values and be proud of their exceptional conduct around school and in lessons.
- Helping Hands
Helping Hands support the smooth running of the Library.
- Lead Learners
Lead Learners are enthusiastic and motivated about their learning and have demonstrated independence, creativity and confidence. They help to develop these qualities in other students.
- Reading Mentors
Our Sixth Form students can sign up to be a reading mentor, helping younger students to develop their reading skills. They receive a full day of sound training and help our Year 7 students through blocks of weekly sessions, or go out to our local feeder schools to work with primary children.
- Hub AmbassadorsThese students help out within the SEND Hub.
- Music Ambassadors
These students will therefore make a difference, contribute to the music within our school and work alongside staff to achieve mutual goals. They will support our concert programme and primary school project work.
- Rugby Ambassadors
Rugby Ambassadors are students who have shown a keen interest and high ability in rugby and in developing this the sport in our school. These students will be fully involved with helping to promote clubs, run training sessions and organise tournaments.
- Sports Ambassadors
Sports Ambassadors are the student voice with regards to Sports and Physical Activity opportunities in school. The sports ambassadors meet regularly to discuss the extra-curricular activities, sports teams, options within PE and leadership opportunities.
- Student Council
The school council’s aim is to create a working party where the School Council are to be high profile within school, so that student voice can be channelled through the representatives.
- Student Wellbeing Ambassadors
Student Wellbeing ambassadors are dedicated to creating a bright, comfortable and happy learning space for all students so they can feel safe, cared for and relaxed whenever they are in our school. They are role models to all students and organise campaigns and projects around five key areas affecting student wellbeing:
- Faith and Communities
- Exercise and Nutrition
- Mental Health
For more information on Student leadership please contact Mr Donlon,
Assistant Headteacher, Director of Key Stage 3 and 5 – firstname.lastname@example.org