Year 13 students continue with their Business studies with AQA by studying 4 new main topics.
- Unit 7: Analyzing the strategic position of a business, looking at mission, corporate objectives and strategy. Analyzing the existing internal position of a business to assess strengths and weaknesses: Understanding financial ratio analysis and overall performance. Analyzing the external environment to assess opportunities and threats: political and legal change and economic change, social and technological, the competitive environment. Analyzing strategic options such as investment appraisal.
- Unit 8: Choosing strategic direction, choosing which markets to compete in and what products to offer. Strategic positioning of a business and choosing how to compete in terms of benefits and price.
- Unit 9: Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies, assessing a change in scale, innovation, internationalization and assessing greater use of digital technology.
- Unit 10: Managing strategic change, managing organizational culture, managing strategic implementation. Looking problems with strategy and why strategies fail.
- Revision for the summer examinations.
There will be three examinations at the end of Year 13 which will examine all of the content from Year 12 and 13. Each examination will last 2 hours and will be a combination of short and extended written answers.
In addition to the new topics, we will also spend time in Year 13 revising the topics from Year 12 in order to prepare for the examinations.
More information can be found at: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business-subjects/as-and-a-level/business-7131-7132/specification-at-a-glance
Catch up sessions are available EVERY Tuesday and Thursday in the pod. Students are encouraged to attend to aid their progress. In some cases, where students are making very slow progress, attendance will be made compulsory.