We have a very successful Sixth Form which is demonstrated by strong A level results.
• In Summer 2018, Sixth Form students secured a pass rate at A level of 92%.
• 75% of subjects, including Maths, English Language, English Literature, Geography, History and Law, securing a 100% pass rate.
• Results in a number of subjects, including English and Maths, saw improved results compared to the previous year.
• 93% of students have applied to university and the majority successfully secured the grades they needed for their first-choice preference.
• 99% of students secured the results they needed to move on to their preferred university, apprenticeship or employment.
Allerton Grange Sixth Form offers academic and pastoral support from a specialist team, a comprehensive tutorial programme, careers advice and guidance, and dedicated Sixth Form study areas.
Ofsted rated Allerton Grange Sixth Form ‘Good’ in November 2017, stating “The sixth form is good. Academic outcomes are a real strength of the provision and the teaching students receive is good.” We are also consistently in the top 25% of Sixth Forms in the country.
We offer a broad curriculum of Sixth Form courses in subjects including: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, English Language, Mathematics, History, Classical Civilisation, Geography, Criminology, Psychology, Sociology, Religious Studies, French, German, Spanish, Business, Economics, Law, Computer Science, Physical Education, Performing Arts, Drama and Theatre Studies, Music, Product Design, Textiles, Health & Social Care and Hairdressing.
Our links with Farsley Football Academy also give you the option of a full time football programme, alongside studying a Cambridge sports course.
In the Sixth Form, students have greater independence and with that comes leadership opportunities through community work, mentoring younger students, qualifying as a reading mentor, being a sports leader, supporting marketing for school events and Sixth Form Committee work such as peer support and arranging social events.
Applications for September 2019 are welcome from current Allerton Grange students and from those studying elsewhere.