We have well-established links with our feeder primary schools and do a number of shared activities throughout each year. It is important to have strong connections with our primaries and their children to enhance learning and bring a wider scope of enrichment activities together to benefit us all. Our student leaders are frequently involved in primary work.
We have developed curriculum links:
- French and Spanish weekly lessons and clubs
- P.E. collaborations, both at Allerton Grange and in the primary schools
- Maths and PHSE shared curriculum planning
- Science sessions with experiments
- Technology days, making key rings, healthy eating food and textiles products.
Our student leaders take part in joint activities:
- Leading creative writing master classes
- Sports leaders taking P.E. sessions, involved in running primary sports days and inter-primary competitions.
- Musical workshops, led by our Music ambassadors.
- Sixth formers are reading mentors
- Internet safety lessons delivered by the sixth form
- Green project for more able students, led by Year 10.
We collaborate in enrichment activities:
- Drama workshops and productions
- Joint musical showcase
- After school events, e.g. Higgs Boson with the Ministry of Sense
- Forensic science after school club
- Art printing workshops
- Robotics sessions
- Joint author visits
On a regular basis, we attend events in primary schools, including summer fairs and careers events. Our staff running these events are happy to answer any questions you may have.