- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Classical Civilisation
- Design & Technology
- Health & Social Care
- Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics
- Business Studies
- Computing and ICT
- Personal, Social and Health Education
- Creative iMedia
- Year 11
- English as an Additional Language
AQA GCSE MUSIC
Students can choose GCSE Music as one of many options in our Key Stage 4 curriculum. Students will perform in two Key Stage 4 & 5 Music concerts in the year. The first concert takes place in November and the second takes place in February/March time.
There are three main components of assessment:
- Understanding music – one exam – 40% of the GCSE.
- Performing music – 2 performances – 30% of the GCSE.
- Composing music – 2 compositions – 30% of the GCSE.
Throughout the course we record performances and practise composition to develop the students' practical skills.
Alongside this, we teach about the following topics through a process of listening, analysis and study:
- The elements of music.
- Western classical tradition 1650–1910.
- Popular music.
- Traditional music.
- Western classical tradition since 1910.
ArtForms Leeds - www.artformsleeds.co.uk
Bitesize Music - www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects