Quick Links
CalendarNewsGalleryWorking For UsContact usAdmissionsSixth FormFarsley Academy

Design & Technology

Level 1/2 Hospitality and Catering Specification A

Level 1 covered in Year 10
Level 2 covered in Year 11

 

In Year 11, Hospitality and Catering students build on their KS3 knowledge by applying catering terms, skills and processes to produce their Year 10 controlled assessment. They develop skills in preparation for their final menu choice and then, under timed conditions, produce the menu for taste testing.

The WJEC Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering has been designed to support learners in schools and colleges who want to learn about this vocational sector and the potential it can offer them for their careers or further study. It is most suitable as a foundation for further study, providing learners with a core depth of knowledge and a range of specialist and general skills that will support their progression to further learning and employment.

Learners completing the Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering may be interested in progressing to our Level 3 qualifications in Food Science and Nutrition. 

Students concentrate on level 2 controlled assessment in Year 11; Proposing a Hospitality and Catering provision to meet specific needs.

Useful Links

https://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/hospitality-and-catering/hospitality-and-catering-level-1-2-award.html

In Year 11, GCSE 3D Design students will further develop their CAD/CAM, worldwide design knowledge, social, moral, spiritual and cultural knowledge, drawing manufacturing and problem-solving skills, completing their portfolio of work which will form 60% of their final grade. The remaining 40% of their grade comes from their Externally Set Exam, which is a further practical project and practical exam. The final 10 hour supervised sessions take place in April/May.

In Year 11, GCSE Art and Design Textiles students work to 3 briefs completing a portfolio of work which will form 60% of their final grade. The remaining 40% of their grade comes from their Externally Set Exam, which is a further practical project and practical exam. The final 10 hour supervised sessions take place in April/May.

“Excellent feedback, we’re very happy with progress so far”
- Year 7 Parent on Parents' Consultation Evening, October 2018
"The reward and behaviour system is clear, well enforced and has positive results!"
- Parent
"An inclusive school that is focused on providing the best education for its students"
- Prospective Parent
“Excellent facilities, improving school”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
"Very impressed with the sports facilities"
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
“Impressed with the consistent enthusiasm of the teaching staff when discussing feedback”
- Year 7 Parent on Parents' Consultation Evening, October 2018
"Staff are passionate and committed to developing and improving"
- Parent
"Pupils look smart and are well engaged in their lessons"
- Prospective Parent
“I especially liked the Science and Maths departments”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
“Driven leadership, confident pupils. Staff friendly and open to discussing subjects and needs of my child”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
"Fantastic student ambassadors who are a credit to the school."
- Prospective Parent
"Strong leadership and motivation with an emphasis on progress"
- Parent
“Welcoming staff, friendly, confident students and excellent facilities”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
“Great facilities. Dedicated and enthusiastic staff”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
"Safe, Supportive, Diverse"
- Local Authority Representative
"A great learning environment; light, bright and spacious classrooms, clean and well organised."
- Prospective Parent
“Great opportunity to meet staff and gain greater depth of my child’s achievement”
- Year 7 Parent on Parents' Consultation Evening, October 2018
“Clean, bright, vibrant learning space”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
"I am so pleased with the School Gateway app. Every day I can see any achievement and behaviour points my daughter gets and she knows that I’ll discuss it with her; it encourages her to do well."
- Year 8 Parent
"An open and welcoming atmosphere - very useful being allowed to look at teaching and learning"
- Prospective Parent
“It was good to speak to his form tutor and hear about what is happening in class”
- Year 7 Parent on Parents' Consultation Evening, October 2018
“Friendly staff, well-behaved kids”
- Prospective Parent, September 2018
"I applaud the focus on rewarding good behaviour. My son feels appreciated and recognised at Allerton Grange; we're all so proud."
- Year 8 Parent