National Apprenticeship Week
Next week, 8-12 February 2021, is NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK! Employers from across Leeds will be attending the virtual Leeds Enterprise Festival to talk about opportunities they have available for young people, You can find out more by clicking here.
We recommend that AGS students have a look at some of the talks going ahead on the following link and book yourself some tickets
There are limited places so please book your tickets early! All the sessions are after school so won’t interrupt your lessons.
What are these sessions?
• These sessions are as close to the usual offer at our annual apprentice fair as we can make it
• Exhibitors will host a virtual table – visitors will be able to join any of these tables and ask a question or just listen in (please have your camera’s off)
• There are different employers each day to see and three chances per day to join a session.
• The sessions last for up to an 1hr – visitors can stay at the virtual table for as long or as little as they like
• There are limited tickets per session but there are currently plenty of slots still available
• Visitors will need a laptop or tablet - mobile phones won’t work sorry.
• Visitors to the virtual table will need a good strong internet connection.
• To join a virtual table you will need to enable a microphone connection but not necessarily video
• None of these sessions will be recorded and no personal information will be stored or shared.
If you're not sure where to start, have a look at the resources below:
Guess the Apprenticeship Quiz - test your knowledge and see if you can match the apprenticeship to the description.
Amazing Apprenticeships Resources - lots of resources for students, parents and teachers explaining all about apprenticeships
Amazing Apprenticeship Parent Pack - information especially for parents
Finding an LGBTQI+ workplace - everyone deserves to feel valued and accepted in the workplace